Do you want to learn how to take online classes?
If you are new to e-Learning, trying it for the first time might seem intimidating. NICO is designed to help you!
NICO resources are FREE to use. Just sign up for a Moodle account at moodle.stalbertfurthered.com and self-enroll in NICO.
If you need help signing up, please contact the St. Albert Further Education office at 780-460-2207 or email@example.com.
NICO covers the following topics:
Watch these introductory videos to learn more!
This is a series of 10 modules adapted from those developed by NorQuest College. This course will prepare learners to study online.
St. Albert Further Education is hosting this course for anyone who wants to know more about online learning. You can complete as many modules as you like. Each module contains a quiz so you can check your understanding.
- Module 1: Introduction to Online Learning
- Module 2: Vocabulary for Online Learning
- Module 3: Using a Learning Management System
- Module 4: Technology Skills
- Module 5: Problem-Solving Strategies
- Module 6: Digital Citizenship
- Module 7: Finding and Using Online Information
- Module 8: Time Management and Study Skills
- Module 9: Synchronous Classes
- Module 10: Working with Others for Success in Online Learning
Click on the course name at moodle.stalbertfurthered.com to create a Moodle account. You can then enroll in Preparation for Online Learning for FREE!
- participate in discussions with other St. Albert Further Education teachers
- share resources for online teaching and learning
- access training opportunities for teaching online
- access online learning resources that can be used in individual course(s)
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this 3 hour seminar, you will learn the basics of instructing adults such as how they learn, different learning styles, some warm up exercises for the classroom, how to create effective lesson plans and look at the evaluation process. This is a great learning experience for those teaching adult continuing education classes or even for tutors and volunteers.
- Teacher: Susanne Urbina